It is the beginning of another fun filled gymnastics season and we are super excited to get tumbling at the gym! We have a busy year planned and shiny new re- evaluated programs! We have been working hard to get improved lesson plans rolling and tons of new games centered around gymnastics progressions. So the kids will have fun playing and learning gymnastics skills all at the same time!
What can you and the athletes look forward to this year? [page1image5008]
- Parents Week
- Workshops / Camps
- Season Finale!
- New Lessons
- Games for every age level! - AGF Gymnastics Month!
When does my child’s class begin?
Saturday – September 17
Monday – September 19
Tuesday – September 20
Wednesday – September 21
Thursday – September 22
Friday – September 23
All Tumble Tots and Rockin Roller classes begin in October
Tuesday – October 4
Wednesday – October 5
Friday – October 7
What are some things I should know for my child’s first day?
- Please remove socks, place them into your boots/shoes and put them on the shelves provided in our boot room
- Have long hair tied back in a ponytail or braid, and long bangs out of eyes
- No gum, candy, food, during class (choking hazard of course!)
- No jewelry (small stud earings are ok)
- Remain off the floor until your class is called, there could be another class or coaches setting up
- Please wear gymnastics appropriate attire! Gymnastics suits are required. If your child does not have a suit we have them for trade in and sale at the gym. Girls are permitted to wear shorts with their suits. Please no pants or leggings, it is hard for proper movement on equipment and poses a safety issue when spotting for the coaches. Boys suits consist of shorts and either a fitted t-shirt or tank top.
Cheer athletes – shorts and a fitted tank top or t-shirt with an athletic top underneath. BRING CLEAN INDOOR low traction SHOES FOR CHEER. Shoes are required for stunting. No shoes, no stunts.
Please discuss these rules and those outlined in our handbook with your child before they begin. We want to make sure everyone participates and has fun and feels welcome at the club!
Parents! Keep your eyes out for...
North Peace Gymnastics Club and Alberta Gymnastics Federation (AGF) membership cards going home! As a parent or guardian of an athlete registered with our club YOU are a member and as such you are entitled to reduced member fees off party bookings for your child at the club!
Curious about who the AGF is and why we are a part of it? Check out their website and see what a big world our little club is a part of!! www.abgym.ab.ca
We can’t WAIT to see you all and get this year underway! It is going to be a blast!! Gymnastics is our passion and coaching young athletes and sharing in their growth is such a reward. See you all at the DMI Endurance Centre!